Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beaver Damage on Bear Creek

I've got no problem with Beavers but I wish the powers that be would do more to protect trees.
 This big tree was felled by Beavers a while back.
 There are big trees on either side of Bear Creek in danger right now. North tree looks salvageable.
 South side tree looks done for. All it takes is some wire fencing to protect these trees.
 I found the Beaver lodge, sticks piled on top.
 Another view of the lodge.
 Trees felled into Bear Creek.
 Exit holes in case of emergency.
 Another one.
 A dam built by Beavers with added touch by Humans (the flexible pipes to let water through).
Hey I love Beavers and want to see them thrive. It's quite possible the decision was made to let the critters cut down big trees. But what about the newly planted trees along Bear Creek Trail. Here are a few examples I saw along the trail:


 Seems like a waste.

No comments: