Saturday, March 29, 2008

Platte River North large construction project

Located midway between the Sand Creek and the Clear Creek confluences on the Platte Trail North is a big construction project.







It looked like they were tunneling underneath the Platte river or something.

I talked to a mechanic working on one of the machines and he told me they were going to fill the former gravel pit next to this project with water.












































Here's the actual detour. Mind the gravel.
Otherwise it's a steep drop!


























You can see the bike trail end on the left side of this photo.


Maybe they're gonna lay an input pipe from the river to the new reservoir.







This is the future reservoir
Maybe it will hold excess runoff in the Spring and water parks and golf courses in the Summer.
























I plan to ride Clear Creek a lot this Summer. I'll be riding this section of the Platte every time I do. I'll post updates.

No comments: